Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2020 versus InDesign 2018

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

A few days ago I had my OS updated from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Until then I worked with InDesign 2018 version 13.0.1. 

I noticed that because of this OS update I got the latest ID 2020 version 15.0.2. I now had 2 versions of ID. One day after the update to Windows 10 I deleted the ID 2018 version. Nearly all my files are created in ID 2018 and are kept in my One Drive space. When I now open one of those files my One Drive gives me the following message: " 1 synchronisation problem. This file is opened with another program and cannot be synchronized. After the file has been closed it can be synchronised." So when I close the file it is indeed being synchronised.

I know that when I first open my ID 2020 and then choose the file I want to work with the ID 2020 version will open all of those files made in ID 2018 because that file will then be converted to the new version.

My question is: could I avoid this little problem with my One Drive messages by installing the ID 2018 version so that I could continue working with both ID versions and if so, how can I reinstall the ID 2018 version?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One post is quite enough. Please continue with your original one.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/indesign-latest-version-15-02-against-earlier-version-indesi...

I'm locking this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines