• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2020 workspaces collapse when system goes to sleep on macOS Catalina

Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) Catalina 10.15.6 | ID v 15.1.1 (all CC apps up to date as of right now) with 2nd ViewSonic monitor. 

I'm posting here because I use ID the most but it's the same problem in PS and Illustrator as well. I've deleted prefs. I've played with Spaces, I've stopped allowing it to sleep, nothing seems to work. When I come in to work in the mornings and open InDesign, my carefully organized workspace panels are all jammed up on top of each other, shoved over on to the Mac's monitor. 

The only way I've found around it is when I re-make the workspace, I save 5 versions of it, so when it happens again, I switch to a new, un-screwed up version (because it destroys the correct workspace every time it happens). I'm tired of fighting this battle EVERY DAY. Anyone have any idea what's going on and why it happens across all apps? It's like the second monitor goes to sleep and shoves everything over to the main monitor (even though it's set not to power off). 

I just want my workspaces to stay the way I set them, even if the computer restarts. 
Thanks!

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble and delay in response. We have recently released an update for InDesign 2020 (v15.1.2) which contains some stability fixes. If you are not already on (v15.1.2), then we recommend you to update to the latest version and let us know how it goes.

If that doesn't help resolving the issue, please share a few more details like:

• When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.
  • Does it work if you remove the secondary monitor?
  • Does turning off GPU performance help resolving the issue?
    gpu_preferencesID.png

Do let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need any further help. We'd be happy to asist.

Regards,

Srishti 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this issue as well.

In inDesign, Photoshop and illustrator. Upon waking after sleep, my pallets are SOMETIMES all messed up – stacked on top of each other, way off the screen. I can sometime re-set by using a defaut arrangement, then going back to my saved workspace. But usually I need to re-set and re-save a new workspace. time consuming and frustrating.

Using a two monitor set up, os 10.15.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines