• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 2020

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open up the idml file. The reversed out type is getting a drop shadow behind it. If I open up the Indesign file. There is no drop shadow behind the reverse type. This is correct per the supplied PDF file. Is there an issue with idml 2020?

Further investigating, the Indesign file the text box had drop shadow applied. due to background image, you can not see it. It is a big circle kind of drop shadow. When opening up the idml file. A drop shadow applied to all the text.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign saved the IDML? What OS are you using? Is the drop shadow just something you see or does the Effects panel show that it is applied? Has you porvide screen shots?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indesign 2020 latest

Mac OS

The Indesign document has drop shadow applied but is more radiant as you can see in photo.

Idml applied it to the text rather than the Boxbackground removedbackground removedshadow darkened the cloudsshadow darkened the cloudsIDML documentIDML document

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I’ve never seen that, and it is disturbing. I have trusted IDML to preserve formatting, and now I wonder.

Have you looked at the drop shadow options for the text frame in both versions of the file? Other than looking different, do they have numerically different atrributes, like the size, opacity, or offset of the shadow? Has this affected other objects or just this one? Does it use an object style? If not, see if using an object style fixes the issue.

If this is a bug, and from here it’s looking like one, you should file a bug report here: https://indesign.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines