• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2021 (16.0.1) will not uninstall

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Windows 10 on a 6 month old Dell PC.

Creative Cloud keeps saying it's running in compatibility mode (I've followed the steps in other articles to go to the Creative Cloud files and uncheck compatibility mode (none were checked anyway).

I can install and uninstall InDesign 15.1.3 from Creative Cloud but the 16.0.1 Indesign tile says "Not Compatible" and has no other options. However, in Windows Control Panel it clearly shows Adobe InDesign 16.0.1 as being installed. Clicking uninstall merely opens Creative Cloud where it doesn't recognize it as installed.

I've also tried closing out of Creative Cloud and renaming the database file as old then logging back in. It creates a new database file but still does not recognize that 16.0.1 is installed on the PC. Cannot uninstall Creative Cloud because Windows recognizes 16.0.1 is installed.

Any other tips to try as I try to reinstall Creative Cloud so it's not in compatibility mode? (I've seen others post to re-install windows but of course am only wanting to try that as a last resort). 

TOPICS
Activation billing and install , Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool would run through it's process but the 2021 InDesign would remain in the Windows list of installed programs.   I made sure that Windows OS had latest updates installed but it did not resolve the issue. 

My solution was to Reset Windows OS. It then allowed me to re-install the cloud and is no longer running in compatibility mode. (Note: I installed Creative Cloud first before attempting to re-install any other programs or software I previously had installed.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Please try Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to remove the Adobe app & reinstall once done. Also, make sure you have OS updated to the latest version. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool would run through it's process but the 2021 InDesign would remain in the Windows list of installed programs.   I made sure that Windows OS had latest updates installed but it did not resolve the issue. 

My solution was to Reset Windows OS. It then allowed me to re-install the cloud and is no longer running in compatibility mode. (Note: I installed Creative Cloud first before attempting to re-install any other programs or software I previously had installed.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines