• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 2021 Color change on image and force quit

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While working in Indesign one of the images went from normal color to a purple tint while working on the file. High quality display was selected for Display performance while file was open. I still cannot shut down InDesign 2021 and have to force quit everytime.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several problems in this one post.

(1) image changing to a purple colour - did anyone change the image file outside of indesign or is it just the display in indesign ? Please check the image in Photoshop or Illustrator. Have you made a PDF of the file and does it have the purple colour ?

I suspect it relates to the second problem...

(2) Still can not shut down Indesign 2021... Fonts are a huge issue  - have you installed any recently (since you can't shut down indesign) What memory do you have in the computer ? What graphics card ? How much available disk space ?

This will help us track the problem down to either indesign or a computer problem.

Thanks
Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image changes in InDesign only. No changes were made outside of photoshop. Literally watching the image change colors while scrolling through images on page layout. Images were RGB. PDF of layout look good no color shift present.

Ever since upgrading to InDesign 2021 and opening for the first time InDesign 2020 has never automatically quit. I am using a brand new iMac 2020 using 3.3 Ghz, memory is 8Gb 2667 Mhz DDR4. Disk space 500 GB solid state drive with 100 GB free. No new fonts have been added or activated since opening InDesign 2021 or v16. I have the latest update InDesign updated from Adobe as well. Thanks for responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmm...wondering if this is a problem with the new MAC OS and Adobe ...there have been some reports of things not working properly but i thought indesign was clear of problems... i will ask and report back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry I also forgot to mention I'm working on last version of Catalina and NOT Big Sur. Big Sur is having a ton of problems and I hope no one is jumping to Big Sur due to a ton of problems they are having from some Apple people I spoke with recently before it was released. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines