• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

inDesign 2021 continually locks up on first task

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Files open fine. But when I try to do anything, everything freezes. I can open a file initially, but no matter what I try to do, everything freezes. Every command is greyed out. I've forced quit. I've reinstalled the software twice. Nothing works.

I was getting the "can't do that because you have a modal or dialog box open" but I reset those. My main problem persists.

Help!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by giving us more information: Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using. Has InDesign always acted this way or did it start after doing some kind of update?

A good troubleshooting technique is to restore your InDesign preferences:

Adobe InDesign: Rebuilding Preferences and Cache Files ...www.rockymountaintraining.com › Adobe InDe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve. Good point. 

I have a MacBook Pro (2018). It's running Catalina 10.15.6. I've installed inDesign 2021 (16.0.1). When I first open a file, everything appears to be fine. But if you ask it to do anything, say open a new document (though it can be any command), not only will it not open a new document, it won't let you do anything else either. Very strange.

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 1.29.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-27 at 1.28.52 PM.png

I reinstalled inDesign 2020 and it's working fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, I'm glad you're working again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, not exactly. I have the previous version working but the newest update to inDesign is still not functioning and I have no idea why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please follow suggestions given on this community post in order to improve performance of the app.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines