InDesign 2021 Corrupting Files?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have no idea what could be happening. I've been using InDesign for 14 years and never run into this before. After installing 2021, it was working fine for a week or so. Then recently I opened an existing file (created in 2020 ID), made some changes, saved as 2021, and then needed to relink an image (saved locally, so should be a quick relink) which froze my whole computer and caused me to have to force quit ID. Restarted, tried multiple times with multiple different images, same results every time. Created a new ID file and tried placing an image, same thing. Exported as IDML and tried opening with previous (2020) ID, and it froze that as well.

Uninstalled 2021, reinstalled. Didn't try that file again. Next day, opened a file that had been saved in ID 2021 and tried a simple PDF export. Keep getting error 'Failed to Export PDF' with no explanation, Preflight Check says all is well with the file. Tried exporting with different file name, to different location, etc. Same issue. Deleted my preferences, no change. Exported as IDML, froze ID 2020 when trying to open. This is driving me mad!! Any ideas what could be happening or how to fix it?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which OS version?

How much RAM?

And you definately trsahed your preferences?

The docs used OTF fonts?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines