• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2021 CRASHES ALL THE TIME

Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I have updated to InDesign 2021 on a brand new mac, it crashes literally multiple times an HOUR. I have uninstalled and re-installed twice with no fix. I send about 20 crash notices a day. 

What is going on?????

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your brand new Mac a M1 Silicon chip powered model?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmm. How would I find that out?

It's an iMac, 6-Core Intel Core i5. Does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. It's an Intel-chipped model. That helps

First go to your Finder/desktop, then select the apple icon at the far left of the menu commands, then the About this Mac menu command.

There you can find what version of the operating system you're using, how much RAM you have and what version of an iMac (listed as a date and/or system version, depending on the veersion of your operating system. If you can share that information, we can get a better idea of how to help you. By the way, remembering where this is and exploring what it reports will tell you a whole lot about your Mac and be handy for all kinds of hardware and software technicians when you need help.

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 10.31.01 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Randy. I'm running ID 16.1 on a 2020 iMac (specs below). Since the last update, ID crashes constantly. In a coupel of weeks, I've experienced more crashes than in all of 2020. It's unbelieveble (by the way, the "wizzard" that shows up after a crash trying to find out what's wrong and then offer a suggestion is both 100% uselss and 100% irritating). Whatever was "fixed" in the last update also broke a whole leot of other things. Thank you for yoir time. A. Cathalifaud

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020); 3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9; 72 GB 2133 MHz DDR4; AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB. MacOS 10.15.7 (19H512)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall and reinstall is usually pointless for Adobe.

Use the creative cloud cleaner tool 

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Before that - try resetting your preferences

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html#:~:text=%5D%...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set preferences to what???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you're on the latest version of InDesign which is version 16.1.

To reset your InDesign preferences:

1) Close InDesign
2) Double click on Adobe InDesign's icon to launch it
3) QUICKLY hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift. (for Windows) or CTL+OPT+CMD+Shift (for Mac OS X)
4) When a dialogue appears, asking you “Delete InDesign Preference Files?” Click Yes.

(If you don't see the question do it again.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did I Derek. I'll let you know if it works. It won't take long. InDesign is crashing at record rates today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Crashed. I am getting so annoyed! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am Sanyam Talwar from the InDesign Engineering team. Can you please provide more information at santalwa@adobe.com –

• Reproducible Steps – What were you doing when you encountered the issue in InDesign?
  • Error snapshot or video recording of the issue?
  • Please submit the crash report to us. (Guidelines to submit crash are available at https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html) Please share the crash log as well.

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mine crashes all the time as well. and it even crashes my Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm using InDesign v16.1in Windows 10. It crashes constantly. I'm trying to edit a paragraph style and change the Paragraph Shading and Paragraph Border settings. Nothing helps. What am I missing?

I have:

• tried different fonts and color swatches
  • deleted my preferences
  • deleted the paragraph style completely and created a new one with a different name
  • exported the file as .idml
  • used the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool and reinstalled ID
  • rebooted countless times and submitted a jillion crash reports
  • started with a new document and tried to create the paragraph style I need there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines