• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2021 crashes on launch - Mac

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CS 2021, which I get through a Cloud subscription. With the latest upgrade from CS 2020, Photoshop works alright, but inDesign constantly crashes while trying to open, making it unusable. I have an older version installed as a backup, but during the installation, all my inDesign files have automatically been designated as inDesign 2021 files, so they won't open in older versions (what's up with that?). So, I can't work with inDesign, despite paying for it monthly. I work on a Mac, OS Mojaa, have sufficient RAM. Would appreciate your prompt support.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Mike, in the end, I had to uninstall/reinstall and now it is working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem on Catalina OS - After 2 hours of tech loading and reloading and cleanup, finally found out there are corrupt fonts - Courier Condensed Bold and or Cottonwood. I did not have the Courier one but I did have the Cottonwood font. I deleted it and now Indesign and Illustrator work fine! But I do hate the new update for Indesign, I do not have the time right now to learn all the differences and work arounds....... Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines