• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2021 crashing while creating or opening files on macOS.

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open inDesign it will load the opening screen and if I press anything it'll then begin to crash. I can't open old projects or start new ones. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it twice (removing the permissions). I have also updated it. I've ran first aid disk utility and everything is fine. 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Hi there,

So sorry to hear about this trouble. If I get it correctly, InDesign is crashing while creating the new files as well as opening the old ones. I would request if you could try these steps and share your observations with us:

• Rename CEP folder from   /Library/Application Support/Adobe  to CEP.old  
  • If that doesn't help, rename extensions folder from   /Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP to extensions.old 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of ID? What operating system? System specs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Pro version 11.1 

Started having the problems with InDesign 16.0 and have since updated to 16.0.1 and still experiencing the same problems 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

M1 or Intel? How much RAM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

So sorry to hear about this trouble. If I get it correctly, InDesign is crashing while creating the new files as well as opening the old ones. I would request if you could try these steps and share your observations with us:

• Rename CEP folder from   /Library/Application Support/Adobe  to CEP.old  
  • If that doesn't help, rename extensions folder from   /Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP to extensions.old 

Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey have you ever solved this issue? I am experiencing the same thing at the moment...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Did you try the steps I shared above? 

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have but none of them have worked...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh no! Please share crash logs by following these steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html 

While submitting the crash report please use the same email address, with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to hear you're also experiencing this issue. I ended up going on Adobe remote support and it took a few hours but they were able to fix it. I'm not sure what it was in the end that fixed it. Apologies 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. I checked the case logs to find which steps helped resolving your issue. Apart from the suggestions I shared above, team has tried removing Creative Cloud Desktop app. 

@defaultcea92as17b5v , If none of the steps shared above has worked, you may try reinstalling InDesign and Creative cloud app by using cleaner tool ( https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html ).

Before doing that, please submit the crash report as suggested above.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines