• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2021 crashing while using Index feature with book documents macOS Big Sur

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using indesign 2021 with a Mac. I created a book with about 150 documents inside. I need to generate the index but indesign continues to crash. I tried to reset indesign preferences and I am using the most updated OS and Adobe.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bridgette,

are you able to open all the documents in your book file before you generate the index?

Cannot tell if this would fix the problem, just a suggestion.

Best do not run any other software when doing this. Free memory as far as you are able.

Check if there is "enough" free space on your hard disks ( whereas I cannot tell exactly what is "enough", 20 or 30 GByte perhaps? ).

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about the delay. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed by the suggestions shared above. If not, please share a few more details like:

You may also try the steps shared on this page (https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/advanced-troubleshooting-for-launch-issues/td-p/11394034?pag...) and share your observations with us.

Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines