Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2021 freezes when resizing or editing text frame settings

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I updated InDesign this morning to 2021 (v16) and now every time I change a setting on a text frame - in particular at present: change from 2 column to 1 column causes ID to freeze with spiraling busy icon.

I'm working in Windows 10

I have un-installed the App, re-installed, and removed preferences.

Issue persists

The only way to close is to open Windows Task Manager and end the ID program.

Any ideas or go forward fixes welcome

Thanks

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Since posting, I have deleted all 2-column frames, and then reinstated with single and double column text frames. I havent had the same issue. Have also changed 2-3-1 columns and no issue. So resolved for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since posting, I have deleted all 2-column frames, and then reinstated with single and double column text frames. I havent had the same issue. Have also changed 2-3-1 columns and no issue. So resolved for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have your old version of publication? Give it example to support let's they see how it freeze on usual thing.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Glad to hear you were able to resolve your issue. If you have similar issues in the future, please try saving the file as IDML and then try working on it.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines