• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 2021 Keep Crashing

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just downloaded Indesign 2021 and it keeps crashing. This is so frustrating since I need to complete a design for a client by next Monday. I have the same issue with Illustrator 2021, but my Illustrator 2019 works fine.

Any help?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of OS?
How much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have?

Have you tried resetting your InDesign preferences -- if that doesn't work use Adobe Cleaner to remove the application and then reinstall InDesign. 
https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Derek. I will try the cleaner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In such situations never wait answers here or from support. Try to save you v2021 publications to idml (or ask your colleagues, or here about it, or here - https://forum.rudtp.ru/threads/zaprosy-na-ponizhenie-versii-indesign-indd-to-idml-indd-to-inx.44870/ )

Then install previous version (2020 in your case) and use it!

In parallel you can tear apart Adobe support chat about your problem. 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alternatively, get on and solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry may you tell me how I can download the earlier version? It doesn't give me that option. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plus you can convert your new version file directly in old version if you have internet connection: https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/whats-new-2014.html#main-pars_header_27

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're still having problems, it's important that you answer the questions about OS, RAM, and disk capacity, so we can try and sort your issue out, ready for you to deliver your design by Monday!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble.  I am hopeful that the issue is fixed by the suggestions shared above. If not, please try the steps shared on this page ( https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/advanced-troubleshooting-for-launch-issues/td-p/11394034?pag... ) and share your observations with us.

While performing each step, please make sure that InDesign and other Adobe apps are closed. 

Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone for your help! I've figured a way to get InDesign to work. I need to let it load for over 10 to15 minutes. I used to think it's crashing so I would exit and reload, but it turns out that it just takes a very long time for InDesign to load.

Thank you so much once again to everyone who reached out to help :).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should only take around 30 seconds to load, so you have something seriously wrong with your system.

You don't seem to have answered the questions about RAM etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Derek,

It's true. I've used Adobe programs like Illustrator, Photoshop and Lightroom for years, and none of the program has taken this long to load. I don't think it's a RAM issue, because I would have run into the same issue with the other programs. I'm okay with this temporary solution for now though--Indesign seems to work perfectly fine once I give it a long time to load. I just meditate while I wait ^___^.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines