• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2021 keeps freezing and now won't open my files

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having issues with InDesign for a few hours now. When I opened a file I was working on it froze whenever I tried to click "file" (I wanted to package my file). I had to force quit a few times and it still did the same thing. I've unistalled and reinstalled the most up to date application and have even gone through disk utility on my mac and run first aid to check any problems possibly happening that might cause this (read another article from Adobe saying to try this). Now when I try to open my any indesign files it tells me they cannot be found.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you open the files?

Try navigating to the file location on disk.

You could as an additional solution hint trash the preferences: Delete InDesign preferences with shortcuts  

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually open files from my desktop. Sometimes they are files I've downloaded and saved from a Microsoft Sharepoint folder. I had contacted adobe support and someone was able to fix the problem, however, it seem to be happening again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which OS version?

How much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have?

Did you try resetting the InDesign preferences?

Have you tried Saving it as an IDML document reopening it and  Saving it as an INDD document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines