• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2021 not exporting reflowable EPUB

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to export a book file to reflowable EPUB, InDesign hangs on the progress bar and stops responding until I force quit. A fixed EPUB exports fine. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this? I read that it could be font related, but if it was a font issue, why would fixed EPUBs export and not reflowable? This book does contain hyperlinks and endnotes, but so do many other texts that I've exported recently without issue. This seems to be a new problem. I am using InDesign 2021 on Mac Mojave 10.14.6.

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , How to , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about this trouble. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed. If not, could you please confirm if the same thing is happening with other files?

If not, please try these steps:

• Export this file to IDML
  • Open the IDML file and then export to reflowable EPUB from this new file. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Srishti. The issue has not been resolved. I can confirm it is not happening with other files. I saved the file as IDML and the same thing happened -- the program hangs when I try to export to reflowable epub and I need to force quit the application. What should I try next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delayed response. Could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link on idfile@adobe.com & we will take a look at the file.

I must also inform you that file recovery can't be guaranteed with a 100% success. We'll surely try our best.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you just exported your print version of an InDesign document to Reflowable ePub?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have any grep styles in paragraph style?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines