• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2021 on Mac Big Sur is extremely slow

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed InDesign 2021 on a Macbook Air M1/silicon running Big Sir 11.1. (I had issues installing, so I went through the entire Adobe Cleanup process, including uninstalling and reinstalling the Creative Cloud desktop app. After that, I was able to install the Creative Cloud apps I needed.) I'm putting together a basic page with a few linked images and some text, and every 2-3 minutes, the app freezes and my cursor becomes the spinning wheel, usually when zooming or resizing an image. After a minute or so, the app resumes normal functioning. This is a small task compared to others I've done in InDesign 2018 on a 6-year old Macbook Air without any issues. InDesign 2021 should not be getting hung up on these small tasks. I changed the Display Performance from high to typical, but it did not make any difference. Is anyone else having this issue? Or does anyone know of a fix for it? Thanks!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Guide , Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Unfortunately the M1 chip is not supported for indesign

Take a look for example here

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/macbook-air-m1-and-indesign-constantly-crashes/m-p/11670105?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Hi all,

Sorry about the inconvenience caused. The first Beta release of InDesign for Apple silicon M1 is now available to download. Please try installing by following the instructions on this page and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the M1 chip is not supported for indesign

Take a look for example here

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/macbook-air-m1-and-indesign-constantly-crashes/m-p/11670105?...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

Sorry about the inconvenience caused. The first Beta release of InDesign for Apple silicon M1 is now available to download. Please try installing by following the instructions on this page and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines