Indesign 2021 - plugplugowl.dll issue - urgent!

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trouble with: InDesign CC2021 (16.0, 16.0.1, 16.1)
User since: InDesign 1.5

I have had perpetual failure to launch on one machine in all versions of CC2021 (16.0) through the February 16.1 update unless I replace plugplugowl.dll with a copy from CC2020 (15._). I tried using a copy of the .dll from a functional install of 16 on another machine but it did not solve the issue.

I found only a few references from back in 2018 after quite a bit of work to figure out what was happening. Those were marked as up as being fixed in an update. No 2020 or newer references.

---------------------------

Also, I am not sure if this is related, but the workspaces often defaults to "essentials" randomly when I open a document and sometimes while working in a document.

AND there is no CC library panel??

AND it appears that there are home screen and new document preference items missing from my Preferences panel??

------------------------------

On the original install in October I first had it migrate the CC2020 settings. That failed to launch so I did an uninstall and reinstall without migrating settings and that had no effect.

I just did a complete uninstall and fresh install again with V16.1 today and still the same issues.

After review of the "Fixed Issues" in the 16.1 update I was hopeful that this might have been fixed but with the update came with a new .dll file and launch crashed until I put the old .dll file back in.

I hope this is something there is a fix for.
Looking forward to any feedback.

Thank you!
Ryan

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?