• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2021 reverts to previously saved state

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A catastrophic error that has occurred in previous versions of InDesign has come back with the latest 2021 release. Now, at a random moment when you hit cmd-z to undo, InDesign will instead revert back to the last saved version of the document. Just lost an hour of work. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using InDesign 2021 a lot the past few weeks (I tested it in prerelease and wrote an article on it for CreativePro.com) and haven't encountered or heard that problem. To be fixed by the engineers, it has to be reproducable. Has this only happened one time with one file? (It's possible there could be corruption in the file.) Can anyone else confirm it's happened to them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing the version of the OS? Also, as Steve asked earlier, does it happen with a specific file or all? Is this files saved on a network drive or local?

This information would help us understand the concern and assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the exact same issue. This has happened on all documents i've worked on today and is very frustrating. Luckily i've not lost any work yet but this does need to be sorted.

I'm on MacOS Big Sur 11.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines