• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2021 Slowness and Network Share Issues on Macs

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a small group of Mac users in our organization that are running into a problem with using InDesign 2021 to modify files on our network share. They intermittently run into slow response times in INDD, as well as extended export times and occasional application crashes. We have tried making changes to deadtimers, mapped the network share using both smb and cifs, and updated to Big Sur to troubleshoot, but we continue to run into intermittent slowness and export issues while operating on the server. The issue became less frequent after updating to Big Sur on these workstations, but it still comes up from time to time. We're starting to run out of ideas, so I figured it might be helpful to see if this community has any suggestions on troubleshooting steps. Has anyone encountered similar issues with modifying/exporting files to a network share? 

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay. I am hopeful that the issue issue is resolved. Though we have limited support on Network and VM related issues(  https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/illustrator-support-networks-removable-media.html ) but from my personal experience I would suggest you few things which you must check:

• This generally happens when network policies or Operating System is updated, check with your IT team for the same.
  • Check if there is any antivirus or if there is any end point security or if there is any restriction imposed by your IT Team. Due to this sometimes server does not allow application to save but you are able to save outside the application.
  • Try to remount server.

You may also try the steps shared on this page ( https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behavior-of-indesign... ) and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines