• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 2021 stops responding when Packaging Book (Very photo Heavy but have 64gb RAM)

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I am hoping someone can help. I am working on a photobook, it has over 350 pages and about 400 images. 

I understand this is a lot to process. However I have 64gb RAM and have all other apllications closed. I am on the latest software update of ID. Everytime I try and package the book so I can send it to the graphic designer for finishing it stops responding. 

Mac Activity Monitor only shows it using about 4-8gb of available memory before it crashes, so wondering if it is a software bug not a memeory issue. 

Cheers, 

Rob 

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Hi Rob,

are all images placed and linked?

Would it help if you disable export to IDML and PDF when packaging?

You could even disable the packaging of all placed and linked images and later, after packaging the document and the fonts, create a Links folder in the packaged folder and copy all the images through the document's Links panel to the Links folder you created.

To do that select all links in the Links panel.

Use the flyout menu > Utilities > Copy Link(s) to …

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

(

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rob,

are all images placed and linked?

Would it help if you disable export to IDML and PDF when packaging?

You could even disable the packaging of all placed and linked images and later, after packaging the document and the fonts, create a Links folder in the packaged folder and copy all the images through the document's Links panel to the Links folder you created.

To do that select all links in the Links panel.

Use the flyout menu > Utilities > Copy Link(s) to …

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines