• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2021: The latest update is a complete disaster!

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the update for InDesign 2020 to 2021 there are problems with InDesign constantly. Lots of errors, documents get damaged and most of my work gets lost. So I am back tot InDesign 2020. So much better!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

So sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with InDesign's latest version. There are multiple factors that can lead to file corruption, however, we can take a look and see if the file can be repaired.

I would request if you could share a few more details in your free time, we'll be hapy to help. 

• Oprating system you are working on?
  • Corrupt files (or a sample file). You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link
  • Screenshots of error mesages.
  • Where are the files saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?

We’re here to help, just need more info.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just updated Indesign and I am hugely frustarted and disappointed. First of all, all the space bar quick keys have been eliminated. Why? It's terrible. I have been working in InDesign since the 90's and this is, by far, the worst decision Adobe has made in a long time. No longer can you access the hand move tool from the arrow. No longer can you use shift to lock scale objects proportionately. No longer can you hold option space bar to zoom in and out. And that is only what I have just noticed this morning. Second, it keeps crashing. Adobe, I would love some rationale or some tips as to how to resolve this. Really disappointing and also huge waste of time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines