• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 2021 toolbar

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm missing on my toolbar all  the tools I had on 2020 version under the 3 dots ...!

Can someone help!

TOPICS
How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

@Frances5C25 :

As per my Oct 27 response, above:

• Photoshop has both the three dot button on the toolbar and a Paint Bucket tool. 
  • Illustrator has both the three dot button on the toolbar and a Live Paint Bucket tool. 
  • InDesign doesn't have either the three dots button or a Bucket tool. This is the InDesign forum. 

If you tell us which app you are actually using, I can help you find your missing bucket, or you can ask on the correct forum.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator had the 3 dots that led you to the customize toolbar, but I dunno about InDesign. It never had that.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm missing the bucket tool!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign never had a toolbar with three dots. You're thinking either of Photoshop or Illustrator...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop has both the three dot button on the toolbar and a Paint Bucket tool. Illustrator has both the three dot button on the toolbar and a Live Paint Bucket tool. InDesign doesn't have any of these options. This is the InDesign forum. 

If you are missing tools in Photoshop or Illustrator, it may be easiest to choose Window > Workspace > Essentials (Photoshop) or Window > Workspace > Essentials [Classic] in Illustrator. In those two applications, these workspaces show all of the tools. 

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Barb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you all set, @Doron16B8?

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am missing some of the tools on my toolbar since migrating to 2021 inDesign. Where are they or how to reset to show all the tools?

Frances

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tools can be hidden/shown by clicking on the gear icon on the far right of the Control Panel. Check the ones you want to see and uncheck the ones you never use to make room for favorites.

Note that InDesign knows how wide your window is, and if the last tools don't fit, they will simply disappear. A larger display will solve this issue, or uncheck some tools in front of the ones you want to make room for the ones you need.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is checked. I am used to seeing my bucket in the tool panel on the far left of my screen. Not talking about the ribbon panel across the top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bucket?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Frances5C25 :

As per my Oct 27 response, above:

• Photoshop has both the three dot button on the toolbar and a Paint Bucket tool. 
  • Illustrator has both the three dot button on the toolbar and a Live Paint Bucket tool. 
  • InDesign doesn't have either the three dots button or a Bucket tool. This is the InDesign forum. 

If you tell us which app you are actually using, I can help you find your missing bucket, or you can ask on the correct forum.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign does not have a bucket tool. Or a three dot elipsis to indicate more tools. You're confusing InDesign with Photoshop. The only bucket tool in Illustrator is the Live Paint Bucket tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to correct responses given above, I'd request you to check out this list of tools available in InDesign. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines