• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2021 v16.01 crashes when opening

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the most updated version of InDesign, however, whenever I open it, it crashes immediately every time. Is there a way to fix this?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS version?

How much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have?

Have you tried resetting the InDesign preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening for me as well as of this morning.
Running InDesign on Windows. The other Adobe applications seems to be functioning but when opening InDesign, it loads for a few seconds in the taskmanager but then it disappears and the application doesn't start. I've tried resetting the preferences without any success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign and OS?

How much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have?

I suggest you unistall InDesign, using the drop-down menu in the Creative Cloud app, and reinstall it again. If that doesnt solve the problem then unistall it once again and then run Adobe Cleaner before reinstalling inDesign again.

Here's a link to Cleaner: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/troubleshooting-weird-indesign-problems-101-error-new/td-p/1...

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines