• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2021 won't launch

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly can't launch InDesign at all. As in, it was working last week. No updates or installs since then.

Latest version installed. Icon bounces in dock for about 30 seconds; no launch window at all. Stops bouncing and I have to force quit. Other Adobe apps working fine.

- Running macOS Big Sur 11.0.1

- Completely uninstalled InDesign and removed all previous versions. All new prefs files.

- Went to alternative OS account and it launches just fine.

- Restared several times (with SMC and PRAM resets)

- Signed out and back into Adobe CC

No dice. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also tried installing previous version of InDesign. Doesn't work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your preferences.

Using a keyboard shortcut:
  1. (Windows) Start InDesign, and then immediately press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files. ...
  2. (Mac OS) Start InDesign, and then immediately press Shift+Option+Command+Control. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

If that is not working try the CC Cleaner Tool

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

The fact it's working on another user account points to a dodgy install or preferences file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that prefs reset earlier. As I mentioned, I uninstalled using CC and then restarted and reinstalled 2021. Same result.

Just looking into Cleaner Tool. Does that remove all Adobe apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ran the cleaner app. Removed all traces of all InDesign version. Restarted. Same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the Option Key pressed choose Library from the Finder Go Menu. “Library” will now appear within the Home folder. Within the Library folder find the “Caches” folder. Within the Caches folder find and delete the entire folder “Adobe InDesign”.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I hope your issue is resolved now.

If you still have concerns, I'd request you to follow suggestions given on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behavior-of-indesign... & let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines