• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 2021 wont open

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last night by Indesign crashed so I restarted my mac. After restearting I noticed updates for photoshop, illustrator and Indesign. My indesign 2021 will not open without freezing and then saying application not responding (photoshop and illustrator are fine). I have updated my mac to big sur and still no joy. weirdly, the older version of indesign 15.1.3 will open but it will not open my documents as they have been 'made with a newer version 16.0'. it does give me the option to convert my files but it takes ages and then crashes. 

Im no tech wizz but this is super stressful as I am worried I have lost all my uni work and need this fixed asap

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , How to , Performance , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing to do is to reset preferences. Restart InDesign while holding down the Shift, Ctrl, Alt and Cmd keys until you see an alert message asking for confirmation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about the crashing! I know that's really frustrating. Has this started happening before Big Sur update? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently. I would request if you could  try the steps shared on this page (https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/advanced-troubleshooting-for-launch-issues/td-p/11394034?pag...) and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines