Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 2021

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I have installed the newest version 2021 of indesign, photoshop and illustrator this weekend. Now all of my indesign documents just pops up/shows with the pdf icon and all the indesign documents are now pdf files. Im very confused and worried about this? I tried to open some of the "pdf files" which original are indesign files in indesign and can only save them as an INDT-fil now? What can I do - Please help me

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

It rarely happens, but sometimes when you update Adobe applications the file associations to applications can get screwed up. The fastest way to fix this is to reset those associations yourself. If you're using a Mac, I'd suggest following the directions in this link to match up the right file types with the right programs. If you're using Windows, this link will help you get past the conflicts there. There's some squabbling in that thread, but the first response details how to change file assoc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been reported a lot. Change the INDD file extension's association in operating system back to InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob -How do I do that? Or Im not quite sure of what you mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow the links Randy provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It rarely happens, but sometimes when you update Adobe applications the file associations to applications can get screwed up. The fastest way to fix this is to reset those associations yourself. If you're using a Mac, I'd suggest following the directions in this link to match up the right file types with the right programs. If you're using Windows, this link will help you get past the conflicts there. There's some squabbling in that thread, but the first response details how to change file associations through Windows File Explorer.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just following up: did this information get you past your problem?

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines