• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign - a plug-n that supports the file format may be missing

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this error when I try to open an InDesign file I created in an earlier version. "Adobe InDesign may not support the file format, a plug-n that supports the file format may be missing, or the file may be open in another application." I cannot seem to find any help info on how to fix this. 

David

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Does this happen with just a particular file or all the files produced with the older version? If it is just a single file then it might be the case of file corruption. If it is indeed a corrupted file, you can email a copy of the document at idfile@adobe.com for the Adobe engineers to try and salvage the file for you. If the file is more than 10MB in size, upload it to a cloud service like dropbox and email the public access URL. There is no specified timeframe within which you can expect a rev

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen with just a particular file or all the files produced with the older version? If it is just a single file then it might be the case of file corruption. If it is indeed a corrupted file, you can email a copy of the document at idfile@adobe.com for the Adobe engineers to try and salvage the file for you. If the file is more than 10MB in size, upload it to a cloud service like dropbox and email the public access URL. There is no specified timeframe within which you can expect a revert from Adobe guys, so if time is of the essence and you won't mind a paid solution, try the following
https://markzware.com/products/file-recovery-service/

Edit:- The latest version of InDesign also comes with a corrupt document fixing service, it should prompt you for sending the file to the server when you try to open up a corrupt file.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I'm having a similar problem. I can't open any of my Ai, PSD, or jpg files to InDesign. I have updated everything as I thought that was the problem, but I'm still unable to open anything in InDesign. I've read all of the other conversations but nothing about my cirucmstance. 

- Kiara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Kiara241953535mjs,

InDesign can't open Ai, PSD, or jpg files, so the error is perfectly normal. You can place these files onto your InDesign document but not open them directly. So instead of using File>Open use File>Place menu to place these files on the open InDesign document.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines