InDesign and EPDM (loosing links)

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a copy from a previous post from PHochgraf. I'm haveing the same issue. Anyone know how to resolve this?

"I work for a largish company with offices around the globe. We're considering new file management directions for our technical publications. To date they've just been hosted on normal windows servers located at the various facilities. There are a number of problems with this route, chiefly is access (each tech pubs person needs to be individually added to each server's permissions) and file speed (not all locations have great external internet speed, so remote access can be extremely slow). Our engineers all use Dassault Systèmes EPDM file management system, externally this seems quite ideal.

We moved one of our locations to EPDM & have discovered an issue, that I'm hoping someone here has run into as well & can provide some insight. Essentially the problem seems that EPDM saves all the files on the server but then copies a version of the file to your computer to work on & then copies it back when your are done. Somewhere in this process however InDesign looses all it's links. And because all the files are still on the server we have to go thru every link (last document I did had ~100 links) and tell EPDM to download the latest version locally, where upon InDesign will see it."

"Anyone know how to get InDesgn & EPDM to stop breaking all the links?"

Peter

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your post was moved over from the "Using the Community" forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines