Highlighted

InDesign and PDF comments: extremely slow

Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately I've been doing a lot of publications and importing PDF comments into InDesign. But approving each change is extremely slow. Between 10–15 seconds for each one. Anyone else suffering poor performace? Anything can be done to improve this?

InDesign v14.0.3

MacOS 10.14.5

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign and PDF comments: extremely slow

Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately I've been doing a lot of publications and importing PDF comments into InDesign. But approving each change is extremely slow. Between 10–15 seconds for each one. Anyone else suffering poor performace? Anything can be done to improve this?

InDesign v14.0.3

MacOS 10.14.5

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 26, 2019 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the rest of your system specs? RAM? SSD? Processor?
Have you tried InDesign 2020?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 26, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel, 

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with InDesign. I would request if you can share a few more details like:

1. Does this happen on a specific file?
  2. Where are the files saved, locally or on any network or shared drive?
  3. Do you use any third-party plugin?
  4. Have you tried updating to the latest version which is InDesign 2020?

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 26, 2019 1
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just timed it: average time to accept a single word text change from PDF Comments tool is 23 seconds. As I have 430 text changes to make, almost three hours to accept these changes. It's a great tool but it's just not practical to use it currently.

1. This happens on several files in the last week.

2. The files are locally saved to the internal solid state drive

3. The only plug-in installed is APID ToolAssistant

4. Same issue with both 2019 and 2020 versions of InDesign

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 26, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much RAM do you have? What processor? Have you tried disabling the plugin?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 27, 2019 0
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and am working on a 530 page document. It's just too time consuming to work this way. I want to manually enter the edits but can't figure out how to remove the PDF comments from the document. Even without using the feature the document is dragging. Any thoughts?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0