• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign Animation MSO

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure there are tutorials for this, but I haven't found exactly the answer to my issue after far too long searching, so here i am!

I'm trying to animate a long-form infographic into a paged MSO. My issue is this- I want the first chunk of content to animate upon page load BUT, .....

... If I add the content to the static page, i can't get it to go away

... If I add it to the first state, something must be clicked for the content to appear. 

What am I missing? 

TOPICS
How to , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the final output document format?

(This can't be done in in Interactive PDF for example.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Digital publishing. I'll be using the embed code to put it on a website. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean InDesign's Publish Online facility, if so, it should work very well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep! I don't have an issue with the export mechanism. 

My issue is specifically that I work out a way to both have the content animate on page load AND hide that content when it transitions to the next (though technically first) MSO state. I'm attaching the file. 

If you hit preview in the animations you'll see what I mean. The "on page load" animations play just fine, but if you hit any other state (buttons at the bottom) they load content in OVER that instead of replacing that content.

I've tried adding a fade-out for the content I want to disappear (Static layer - Intro) but it disappears on a timer instead of upon clicking the next state. If I make the event "on click" or "page click" instead of page load, nothing happens at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the Publish Online document and explain from that what is/is not working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Infographic_ForAnimation_APR9_TEST1 (adobe.com) 

Here it is!

After the initial animation, if you click ""Choosing a virtual lab" to go to the first state, you'll see the content of the page doesn't disappear. 

I found a workaround- I could add a background to the state the hide the other content. That seems.... clunky? Is that really the right thing to do? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines