• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign automatic slideshow to publish online (epub)

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning all !

Do you know of a way in indesign cc2021 to create a slideshow that runs automatically without any button action when you export it with publish online. I tried with in5 plugin but it only works for html5 and the old DPS features (now window menu overlays) no longer work!

Thank you for your help

TOPICS
EPUB , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign's Publish Online is HTML5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi...did you find a way to do the automatic slideshow? I've got exactly the same issue...I want an automatic slideshow to publish online...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create your slide show in an HTML5 project in Animate CC. Publish as an OAM file, and import this OAM file in your InDesign file. Publish online.

Voila, one auto-playing slideshow. We used to be able to use videos as an alternative (import a slideshow as a movie) but browsers no longer allow auto-playing of videos, unfortunately.

Here is a quick example and the project files are linked for you to inspect. The animation can be as complicated as you desire in Animate CC: In this case I just cut in each image.

https://indd.adobe.com/view/2c32883a-7d41-41ca-99c9-b4bbf0771fc9

Zipped files (InDesign & Animate CC project files included)

https://gofile.io/d/0b00VM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

in5 is a paid add-on to InDesign and offers multiple ways to create a self-running slideshow. Detailed here:

https://ajarproductions.com/blog/2023/08/31/how-to-create-an-html-slideshow-with-adobe-indesign/

Note: I am the creator of in5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines