Highlighted

InDesign Back Back Up Files

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does InDesign do an autosave to produce back up files? And if so how do you search for them. I've lost a document which I thought I saved and closed and all my work disappeared. 

Help please!

TOPICS
Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign Back Back Up Files

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does InDesign do an autosave to produce back up files? And if so how do you search for them. I've lost a document which I thought I saved and closed and all my work disappeared. 

Help please!

TOPICS
Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is that you did save the file but you don't remember where you saved it. Have you tried choosing "File > Open Recent"? It should remember any file which you have recently saved.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shelley:

InDesign has recovery files. See https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/indesign-document-recovery.html. The folder is designated here:

in.png

If InDesign crashes with an unsaved file open, you should be able to recover the file. 

If you saved the file but just can't find it, in addition to using recent files, you can use your operating system to search. If you don't know the name, you can also search by date.

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2020 0