• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign becomes unresponsive when moving object style to folder

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy. I've got kind of a weird issue. I have an object style that I want to move into a style group. When I try to move that style into the style group InDesign immediately becomes unresponsive. The object style in question is applied to many text frames in my document and I found when I remove a specific text frame I can successfully move the object style. I pared the entire document down to just the problem area, which I have attached. On my Windows 10 machine if you move the object style "A problematic style" to the folder "a folder" InDesign will become unresponsive. Within the anchored text frame with the object style applied there is a paragraph that has a nested style applied. I found if I removed the nested style I can move the object style without InDesign going unresponsive. I also found that if I remove the return and whitespace after the paragraph I can move the object style. I realize this is a bug and somethign that I can fix but does anyone know why this is happening? Are there some no width characters that are causing InDesign to freak? I'm doing a lot fo things with scripting so I would really like to avoid this kind of issue in the future.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Something appears to be corrupt in your core Basic Text Frame object style that I could not override. Saving the doc as an idml and reopening it solved the problem for me. "Copy to Group" also worked. With no document open, I would check to ensure your base object styles are not overridden. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something appears to be corrupt in your core Basic Text Frame object style that I could not override. Saving the doc as an idml and reopening it solved the problem for me. "Copy to Group" also worked. With no document open, I would check to ensure your base object styles are not overridden. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick response. Marking this correct as INDD > IDML > INDD does resolve the issue. I checked to see if base object styles are overriden and didn't see anything in the styles pane for the basic text frame style. Would you be able to share how you determined that there is something corrupt in the Basic Text Frame object style?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I saw a plus symbol next to it. And I couldn't clear overrides. I think Object Styles have been kind of buggy for a little while, since version 16. I'm often seeing weird temporary overrides in them when I select them, but then the override plus symbol disappears. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines