Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign black beams

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I have a question.

I´m currently working on a book and all of the sudden these black beams start to appear and just like they appeared, they disappear all of the sudden.

Sometimes it´s a header, sometimes it´s a whole paragraph and somehow I couldn´t find anyone who had the same problem before me.

Can somebody help me to fully get rid of these?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a pattern to when this happens? It looks like what would happen if your preference (Under Display Performance in the Preferences Panel) for  Greek Text Below ___pt is being applied when the file view is smaller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn´t detect a pattern until now. Sometimes i delete an empty line and all of the paragraphs with the same format turn black.

Where can I find the display performance actually?

Thanks for helping!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's in the InDesign Menu 

InDesign > Preferences > Display Performance. 
If this is only happening with one document, it could be corruption in that document. In that case, export the file as IDML - this can sometimes clear minor file corruption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines