• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Booklet Print Setup - Not Bleeding on top and bottom

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a book I'm trying to export to PDF and then sent to print (through Fiery).

The booklet bleeds on the left and right sides, but not top and bottom.

I've attached what my file setup looks like and photos of the book.

Is there anyway to get it to bleed without having to cut the inside pages?

I'm dyin' over here!

TOPICS
How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to print to booklet from Acrobat you will need to export a PDF with outside bleed and no crop marks. There is a work-around if you want to include crop marks, as explained here in a related thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/booklet-and-bleed/m-p/9737476?page=1#M93854

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I exported with outside bleed and no crop marks. But it's not bleeding on the top and the bottom of the pages. Only the left and right

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're answering your own question here.

If you don't specify bleeds top and bottom, you're not going to get any. If you do specify bleeds top and bottom (and outside), and design into the bleeds, you'll get the the three-sided bleeds I suspect you're looking for.

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look at the screenshots, the bleed is .125 for the top and bottom as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I see them below.

Please excuse me, but it's a personal phobia of mine: I try to avoid unknown attachments in this forum. Posting screen captures makes it easy and safe for us to see the extent of your issues.

Have you run the single-page PDFs and seen if they show your three-sided bleeds yet?

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

116505855_294330748654517_7021636764228841659_n.jpgScreen Shot 2020-07-31 at 10.10.09 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-31 at 10.10.22 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there bleed on the InDesign file? Can you take a screen shot with the bleed line turned on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, there's .125" bleed all around (inside 0 bleed)Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 10.33.31 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks correct, can we see your exported PDF showing the art, trim & bleed boxes turned on (use the Output preview tool) I'm starting to suspect your print setup is using the wrong page size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you run that spread as single-page output and crop/bleed marks, do you get a three sided bleed for each page? And do you get the crop/bleed marks?

Sometimes breaking the process down into the smallest chunks help define the problems you're having, and if you can't fix them at least offer a way to work around them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you sure that's not the printer's gripper edge? Can the printer actually print edge-to-edge on the top and bottom?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines