Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Bookmarks Problem

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I made 900+ pages interactive document. Buttons are concerned with pagest trough Bookmarks and I made one bookmark for every page.

Problem is that in some moment, my bookmarks moved for one page what mean that the bookmark connected with page 300 is now on the 301...

Is there any chance that i reconnect bookmark or move it on the right page?

I hope that describes well my issue.

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Marko

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Have you tried creating a TOC and using that to create bookmarks? Your TOC does not have to be on a page. Depending on the type of interactive document, you can place it on the pasteboard or just select the TOC style when exporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Hi Marko,

I do not get exactly what you did that your bookmarks point to the wrong pages.

Usually the bookmarks follow a page if you add or remove pages before the destination page.

A bookmark would even follow the page if you move the page around in the document.

Did you perhaps move the contents of your pages one page towards the first page in your document?

That would be the explanation that all bookmarks point to one page towards the last page.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried creating a TOC and using that to create bookmarks? Your TOC does not have to be on a page. Depending on the type of interactive document, you can place it on the pasteboard or just select the TOC style when exporting.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Marko,

I do not get exactly what you did that your bookmarks point to the wrong pages.

Usually the bookmarks follow a page if you add or remove pages before the destination page.

A bookmark would even follow the page if you move the page around in the document.

Did you perhaps move the contents of your pages one page towards the first page in your document?

That would be the explanation that all bookmarks point to one page towards the last page.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines