• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign Button

Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm doing a very simply calender yet I am struggling terribly.

I am able to get it to select and change state, but whel I hover over it goes back to original state. I need to be able to click on it to change to avoid accidently changing it back by hovering.

I need to be able to select the button and deselect it changing the appearance once selected.

Please find attached file.  Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Advisor , Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Can't tell from your file and description exactly what you're trying to do. 

But here is a simple example: I click on a red button and it causes an action (a blue box appears). The red button, now selected, is green. When I click on the selected (green) button, it reverts to the original red button. And the action is reversed (a blue box disappears). This is done with the Buttons actions Play/Reverse animation (of the blue box) and  Show/Hide (when red button is selected, hide it and show green

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor , Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pssq82qju4jgq3w/Forums-button-question.indd?dl=0

Let me know if you have trouble grabbing the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Thank you so much

this helps alot.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't tell from your file and description exactly what you're trying to do. 

But here is a simple example: I click on a red button and it causes an action (a blue box appears). The red button, now selected, is green. When I click on the selected (green) button, it reverts to the original red button. And the action is reversed (a blue box disappears). This is done with the Buttons actions Play/Reverse animation (of the blue box) and  Show/Hide (when red button is selected, hide it and show green button; when green button is selected, hide it and show red button). Is this along the lines of what you're trying to do? If so I can post the file. Here is the example as a Publish Online document: 

https://indd.adobe.com/view/cdebb40d-3174-41e1-8e67-c76c94014bb9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, I was wondering if the annimation is what was missing. This will be a great help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is possible, could you please post the file ? Then I can work on it and see where I am going wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pssq82qju4jgq3w/Forums-button-question.indd?dl=0

Let me know if you have trouble grabbing the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much

this helps alot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me know if you have any questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diane has produced a terrific online video tutorial on producing InDesign Publish Online documents on Linkin Learning (you can get 30-days free access): https://www.linkedin.com/learning/indesign-publish-online-2?trk=learning-serp_learning_search-card&u...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, I will look into that.  I still have a lot to learn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines