Indesign cannot handle the request because a modal dialog or alert is active

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know there are already a few threads in regards to this, however most of them are asking how can they shut Indesign when they get this message.

My problem is that I'm not able to use Indesign BECAUSE of this message and have no idea how to resolve this.

If anybody had my same problem and know how to fix it please help!

Thank you

TOPICS
How to, Performance, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Valorous Hero , Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021
Have you checked that there isn't any modal dialog open that could be either on a secondary screen or behind the app ?  Try hiding/closing other apps, reducing indesign main app size and move around. Sometimes, those little dialogs are just a bit sneaky 

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked that there isn't any modal dialog open that could be either on a secondary screen or behind the app ? 

Try hiding/closing other apps, reducing indesign main app size and move around. Sometimes, those little dialogs are just a bit sneaky 😉

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! Unfortunately I think is a Adobe issue. It does the same to Photoshop too, I open the program and I have a blank screen (when usually I have all options of a new document size/ or most recent files on PS).

I wonder if it's a cache issue, although on Indesign it does say 'because a modal dialog or alert is active'. I even tried uninstall and reinstall the apps....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines