• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign cannot handle the request because a modal dialog or alert is active

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest InDesign 2020 running on a Mac. I can open documents okay, but every time I open the colour picker and try to use the eye dropper, InDesign freezes and I get the message 'Indesign cannot handle the request because a modal dialog or alert is active'. I then have to quit InDesign and reopen to carry on working. It's doing it with every document. I've tried force quit, restarting my computer, and even uninstalling InDesign and reinstalling it, but it's still happening. Any way to fix this irritating problem? Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

It doesn't happen to me with the latest InDesign 2020 version. You didn't mention restoring your preferences. I'd try that:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/setting-preferences.html#restore_all_preferences_and_default_settings

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't happen to me with the latest InDesign 2020 version. You didn't mention restoring your preferences. I'd try that:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/setting-preferences.html#restore_all_preferences_and_default_...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ooh, that looks like it might have done it! Thank you SO much, Steve, it was driving me nuts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines