• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC 2018 - image frames not showing up when moving an image

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to CC 2018 and Im not really sure how to explain my problem because I don't know the exact terminology. So when you select an image 8 white boxes show up around it (i think its referred to as the image frame but im not sure), at the 4 corners and then top middle, left middle, right middle and bottom middle. This is how i would line up a lot of my images and make sure they are exactly where i want them, before a little + sign would show up in the center of the image so you could line that up with guides. Anyway all those marks go away when you start moving the image, so it makes it extremely difficult to put the image where you want it. i have to fish around until the mouse turns white (and i guess that signifies it is lined up to a certain point (white box). How do I get those points back?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Yes, you're talking about "graphic frames" (or image frames) and those boxes are called handles. There are corner handles and side handles. The handles do disappear when you move the object. However, I'm not sure why you want to see them. If you want to make a frame align to a guide, you can just drag the edge of the frame to the guide and it should "snap" to the guide. If it does not snap, you may need to turn on View > Grids & Guides > Snap to Guides.

Also, you can center objects on a guide in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you're talking about "graphic frames" (or image frames) and those boxes are called handles. There are corner handles and side handles. The handles do disappear when you move the object. However, I'm not sure why you want to see them. If you want to make a frame align to a guide, you can just drag the edge of the frame to the guide and it should "snap" to the guide. If it does not snap, you may need to turn on View > Grids & Guides > Snap to Guides.

Also, you can center objects on a guide in the same way… it will snap to the center point.

If your Smart Guides are turned on (same submenu) then you can also use the green and pink guides that flash on and off to align your objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the exact issue, and it's not so much a problem that the handles dissappear when moving an object but that the kitte x/+ sing in the middle of a frame vanishes, or doesn't even appear anymore. Yesterday I wasn't even having this issue I think. Already reset preferences and it didn't help. All smart guides are turned on too. So that doesn't solve it. Does anyone have a clue why this is happening? Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines