Highlighted

InDesign CC 2018 resets preferences after unexpected quit

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever InDesign quits unexpectedly the changes i made in application's preferences panel resets itself.

Only my workspace keeps itself and the other settings are going. How can i keep this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign CC 2018 resets preferences after unexpected quit

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever InDesign quits unexpectedly the changes i made in application's preferences panel resets itself.

Only my workspace keeps itself and the other settings are going. How can i keep this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 22, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save a copy of your InDesign preferences folder. On the Mac, here's the path:

/Users/homefolder/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign

Duplicate the Adobe InDesign folder, leave it in place, and name it something unique (Adobe InDesign copy, e.g.).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply but it hasn't worked. I moved the folder to the desktop and restarted InDesign. It created the prefs folder again. I made my arrangements and closed it properly. Everything was great till the application quits itself unexpectedly...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2018 0
Wanda! LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue.  I tried all that too and it still erases everything. Very annoying. It also erases my print presets and my page presets so I have to reload them. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2020 0