Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

inDesign CC 2019 - cannot package

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe team,

My colleagues and are experiencing this: our inDesign freezes when exporting a package.

Source folder = local drive >> destination folder = local drive

We're on Mac OS version 10.14, all our softs are up-to-date / we don't use third party plugins.

We've already tried:

• reinstall inDesign
  • clean the cache
  • delete preferences

Nothing seems to work.

If of interest, here's a sample relative to inDesign while stuck taken from Activity Monitor:

Crash Report: Sampling process 62834 for 3 seconds with 1 millisecond of run time between samp - Pastebin.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Hi, odd characters in file names can cause problems. ("/" ">", etc) Check the file names of the images. Have even heard of duplicate file names causing packaging issues! Long file names can also be problematic for Adobe.

Also, try to export the file as an IDML. Then re-open that and save again. Then try to Package that file. Still not working?

Friendly Regards,

David Dilling

Markzware

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, odd characters in file names can cause problems. ("/" ">", etc) Check the file names of the images. Have even heard of duplicate file names causing packaging issues! Long file names can also be problematic for Adobe.

Also, try to export the file as an IDML. Then re-open that and save again. Then try to Package that file. Still not working?

Friendly Regards,

David Dilling

Markzware

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David, Thanks for your help.

To export as IDML and redo from the new file made it.

Have a good day,

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried all of the suggestions above but I am still not able to package InDesign files. Using Adobe Indesign v. 14.0.1 on High Sierra 10.13.6. Trying to package to my desktop, not a server. Any more suggestions? Wish I had not upgraded...

Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 7.47.01 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no odd characters.

I'm running Catalina 10.15.7

I think it has to do with the cloud.

I never had this probllem until a few weeks ago.

7 images. 1 is missing - awhen I package, it does not tell me it's missing.

I've packaged it 6 times and it STILL will not put all images in package.

Any guidance appreciated.

-k

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kathleenf33313147,

that's a different issue, if not all placed images are stored in the Links folder of the packaged folder.

How can that happen?

If you have invisible images in your document, images you set to be hidden, either because the layer they are placed on is set to invisible or the individual image is. The same with non-printable images.

During the walk-through of dialogs when you use the Packaging feature check the option: "Include Fonts and Links of hidden and not printable contents". This is not set by default. You'll find this option in the dialog where you set the folder's name, just before you do the final command "Package".

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi kathleenf33313147,

do you see a crash or an error message when packaging?

If you consider odd characters in file names you have to consider the whole path of the image in your file system.

Also all the parent folder names, not only the image's name.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines