• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC 2019 Freezes When I Use The Text Tool

Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to use the Text Tool in InDesign CC 2019 my document freezes and I have to close the entire application. I removed CC 2019 and reinstalled CC 2018 and it works perfectly so I don't think this has anything to do with a corrupt font. Any advice? I am using Windows latest version and use it on a 2018 Microsoft Surface Studio. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Hi all,

The update (14.0.1) is now officially available. Please use the Creative Cloud app to update InDesign. Please refer to this help article if you face any difficulty in updating. : Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this query to InDesign community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ron,

this is a known bug that is currently fixed by the developers. See here:

Problem with changing the cursor to text – Adobe InDesign Feedback

The workaround for now:
Disable InDesign's Control panel.

Do not use the Character panel.

Instead use the new Properties panel.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We have fixed this issue in our latest release InDesign CC2019.0.1. I would recommend you to upgrade to the latest version as it is more robust.

Let me know if you still face this issue.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

srishtib8795206  schreef

Hi All,

We have fixed this issue in our latest release InDesign CC2019.0.1. I would recommend you to upgrade to the latest version as it is more robust.

Let me know if you still face this issue.

Regards,

Srishti

Well, the install version is still 0.130 and not the new 1.209 (or later).

When you tell people it is fixed in the update you better make sure it is already out there on line... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Sorry about the miscommunication, this patch update is on Prerelease at the moment. I believe it will officially available soon. Please find more details here: Adobe Prerelease  https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/C6DFA254-C40C-4EEB-8F6D-F4AEDA2E6171#tab_downloads

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening all this time later, is there still no fix to the bug??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

The update (14.0.1) is now officially available. Please use the Creative Cloud app to update InDesign. Please refer to this help article if you face any difficulty in updating. : Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have this issue with 14.03

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening on every click of the text tool. Updated to current version. Why is this such an issue??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the issue. Please advise. This is slowing down productivity so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was an issues with another file I had open in InDesign. Once I closed it (them) I am at fulll speed with no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines