• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign CC 2019 significantly slower than 2018 (14.0 vs 13.1)

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated recently to version 14.0 and almost immediately I noticed a significant drop in performance, specifically when switching between the selection tool and the type tool. I work for a magazine and I am constantly editing or switching out text, and when there is a 2 to 3 second lag between the selection tool and the type tool my productivity can start to take a hit. And even more than simply the nuisance of having to move slower, it doesn't seem right for an update to retrograde my productivity as opposed to advance it. I reinstalled version 13.1 and it truly is night and day in terms of responsiveness when it comes to tool switching.

I mostly work on magazine page files with the display performance set to normal in order to not have the photos slow down my workflow. I'm working on an up to date Surface Book 2 with an i7 processor, 16gb of ram and a dedicated graphics card, running Windows 10 version 1803. I've already cleared my preferences and the cache, and have noticed no significant improvement. The odd thing is that the same performance issue is present on my 12" Macbook. That computer, however, is significantly slower than my PC, so at first I thought it was simply the difference in hardware. But for both devices to be performance issues seems odd.

Any other answers besides sticking to v13.1?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

The release version of the bug fix InDesign CC 2019.0.1 (14.0.1.209) is now available through the CC Desktop app and may fix your issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have latest versions of everything, udpated yesterday as was away for a couple of weeks. But today now I'm back working, it's been horribly slow all day. I've restarted. I am having issues with SLOW performance. AND earlier today I did get a 'using all memory' error. I've never had that before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was replying to a specific post, but it's come up in general. So to confirm issues are Adobe Indesign CC 2019 with Mojave 10.14

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update (14.0.1.209) and the version on the pre release page still haven't fixed the problem with the "control window" slowing down selecting text and image boxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update (14.0.1.209) hasn't fixed much (Windows 10), it is still *riddled* with performance bugs! Just one example I was struggling with before totally giving up on this release: Find/Change just slows down more and more as you go through a document clicking "Change/Find" to the extent that it takes up to a minute between changing and finding the next. It is just unacceptable that beta products are released as "stable versions" with no "not to be used in production environment" disclaimer! Shame on Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, but this is the final version that the end user downloads through the creative cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The release version of the bug fix InDesign CC 2019.0.1 (14.0.1.209) is now available through the CC Desktop app and may fix your issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The last 5 releases of PrPro and AE have all been molasses. So. Maybe stop paying attention to adding a bazillion new features and make the damn thing faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

The update (14.0.1) is now officially available. Please use the Creative Cloud app to update InDesign. Please refer to this help article if you face any difficulty in updating. : Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still slow with the new update. Dubble click in textfield and i get the spinning wheel for 10 seconds. This is every time when i open a indesign file for the first time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frank,

Sorry to hear that it's still not working. Looks like you'll be best serviced with one-on-one support, please Contact Customer Care team and they will be able to look into your machine to troubleshoot the issue further.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

The latest update from Adobe - is a complete disappointment!
InDesign constantly falls out when updating links (placed InDesign files)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Евгений,

what exactly happens when updating the placed InDesign pages?

Does position and size change?

Any error messages?

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when updating a previously imported file, the InDesign crashes
that's all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm.

Then report this bug at:

Adobe InDesign Feedback

Best provide a link to sample files, screenshots, maybe even a video and the crash report.

Is this only a specific placed InDesign document where you see the crash?
Or will InDesign crash with all placed InDesign documents?

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with many

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(((((

Alas!
The latest updates from adobe are disappointing!

They in vain in the Photoshop screensaver put such a picture...
it displays the essence of this update!
no head

2018-11-23 121620.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably this would help:

After reinstalling, resetting preferences, turning off preflight and reading a lot of forums I still had the beach ball problem.

Then I thought this new workspace system, which updates your workspace depending on the chosen element might slow down simple stuff drammatically.

So I just switched the workspace from Essentials to Essentials Classic (or any other Classic workspace) and it worked - beach ball is gone.

Probably this could help somebody.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPD it's still laggy though, but I can feel the difference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines