Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign CC 2019: Transparent objects showing lines

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2019 Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else has ever had this problem or knows of any possible trouble shooting ideas.

When I create an object and fill it with a color, then adjust the transparency of the object horizontal lines appear. The lines will change as I move the object or overlay it with another transparent object.

These lines do not appear when I export the composition.

I am using Windows 10. I have updated the computer and the graphics drivers.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program with it's default settings.

See below for examples:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Have you tried turning on Overprint View from the View menu. Just worked for me. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this exact same problem.  Has anyone found any fixes for it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Preferences >> UI Scaling either uncheck the Option  "For High-PPI Displays, scale the the user interface" or choose 

Scale to lower Supported scale factor. then restart indesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was experiencing the same issue as OP. This fix worked for me! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok! I was having this issue too. New HP 24" 4K monitor on Windows 10, showing the horizontal lines whenever I reduced opacity on an element within InDesign.

I got on chat with Adobe tech support, and after more than an hour, the technician found a solution! Here it is:

Close down InDesign. Navigate to where the InDesign.exe file is on your computer. Mine was a standard install, so it was located in "This PC -> (C:) -> Program Files -> Adobe -> Adobe InDesign 2020"

Right click on the "InDesign.exe" file and select "Properties" at the bottom of the list. Then click on "Change settings for all users". Then click on "Change high DPI settings". Then make sure "Override high DPI scaling behavior." is checked. And change "Scaling performed by" to "System" in the drop down menu.

Then I think we restarted InDesign, or did we restart thte whole computer? I don't remember, but the issue was GONE! So happy with the result. So I had to share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I LOVE you!!!! This has been plaguing me since I upgraded my computer!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's so satisfying when you find the solution to really obscure questions like this. I'm glad you found it too! Happy designing friend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much appreciated! And I know exactly what you mean haha! I'm seeing a downside in that the display is not as crisp now (big chunky guides and outlines, and UI text is affected negatively, kind of blurry) -- did that happen for you as well? It's possible I'll just have to weigh which thing I am more bothered by.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't remember experiencing that on my display... I don't use InDesign much. Just for the occassional project that needs it. But in any case, if there was a blurring etc, it wasn't enough for me to register it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I appreciate it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me, too. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines