Highlighted

InDesign CC 2020 crashes on launch on Windows/MAC due to Font manager

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Indesign CC 2020 (v 15.0) just crashes everytime when I start it - The crash reporter window opens then Indesign closes.

PC: 
- Intel Core i7-6700K
- 32GB RAM
- Geforce GTX 1070
- Windows 10 Pro - Version 1809

{Renamed by MOD}

I have an update for you. We were able to fix this issue successfully. Please try the steps shared in this help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/font-manager-crash.html and let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign CC 2020 crashes on launch on Windows/MAC due to Font manager

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Indesign CC 2020 (v 15.0) just crashes everytime when I start it - The crash reporter window opens then Indesign closes.

PC: 
- Intel Core i7-6700K
- 32GB RAM
- Geforce GTX 1070
- Windows 10 Pro - Version 1809

{Renamed by MOD}

I have an update for you. We were able to fix this issue successfully. Please try the steps shared in this help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/font-manager-crash.html and let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 06, 2019 2
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign crashes on launch. If opening a file, InDesign runs long enough that I can see the file itself breifly before it crashes. If launched alone, InDesign crashes after the "What's New" screen appears. Reseting preferences doesn't do anything. I did not and do not have this problem with InDesign v14.0.3.

InDesign v15.0

Windows 10 Pro version 1809, Intel i7-7700k

{Renamed by MOD}

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gdwd,

how did you install InDesign CC 2020?

I have no issues on Windows 10 Pro with using CC 2020 version 15.

What I did before installing:
I saved all my preferences, cached data and program data of all my installed versions of InDesign.
Then I removed them temporarily, in fact zipped them and removed the originals.

After that I installed InDesign CC 2020 so that no setting of an older version could affect the new version.

Then I restored the zipped files for InDesign CC 2019 and below.

Cached Data: Username > AppData > Local > Adobe > InDesign

Preferences: Username > AppData > Roaming > Adobe > InDesign

Program Data: This PC > C: > ProgramData > Adobe > InDesign

My recommendation: Uninstall InDesign CC 2020.

Remove all remnants in the above folders. Backup all cached data, preferences and program data.

Remove them temporarily and install InDesign CC 2020 again.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manually deleting preferences didn't fix it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this issue. I would request if you can try following these steps and share your observations:

• Share crash logs by following these steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html
  • Reset Preferences:

Close all Adobe applications. 

Go to Locations : 

C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe  

C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Adobe. 

Rename InDesign folders to InDesign.old 

Launch InDesign from CC. 

• If that doesn't help, try booting the system into Safe Mode (https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode) and check how it works there. It starts your system so that it performs certain checks and prevents third party software/ services from automatically loading or opening. If it works fine in Safe mode, then there is some third party service or application like antivirus, plugins or web extensions which is conflicting with the InDesign.

Let us know if that helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Booting in safe mode mode didn't fix it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying that. Few users have confirm that the issue has resolved by disabling home screen from InDesign Preferences. 

1. Boot your system into Safe Mode (https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode)

2. Launch InDesign.

3. If it successfully opens in Safe Mode, go to Preferences, and disable the preference "Show Home screen when no documents are open"
.show home screen when no documents are openID2.png

4. Quit the app and restart normally. The app may load successfully now. 

If that doesn't help, check for logs in Event Viewer and share it with us. Go to Windows Start menu > Open Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Application > Look for recent error related to InDesign.

event viewer.png

Regards!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11/13/19 Update: Issue resolved, this was the fix. https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/font-manager-crash.html

For anyone curious, the font manager I use is FontBase, it seems like that was causing problems.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fix for this issue is now available in the latest update of InDesign 2020 – that is, InDesign 15.0.1

In the Creative Cloud Desktop application, click on the Updates section on the left. You should be able to see the Update available for InDesign. Please update your InDesign application to this version and let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just recently installed InDesign 2020 on my Macbook Pro Retina, however after launching the program it crashes a few seconds after opening up. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program several times with no luck. I have tried various suggestions with regards to deleteing caches and preferences, but nothing has worked so far. InDesign 2019 is still working perfectly. All other CC2020 apps are working fine so far, just InDesign that keeps crashing about 20–30 secs after starting up.  

This is as far as I get before it crashes:

Screenshot 2019-11-05 at 22.00.10.png

Machine Details:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

2,2 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Crash Report: 

Process: Adobe InDesign 2020 [2839]
Path: /Applications/Adobe InDesign 2020/Adobe InDesign 2020.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe InDesign 2020
Identifier: Adobe InDesign 2020
Version: 15.0.0.155 (15000)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: Adobe InDesign 2020 [2839]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2019-11-05 21:25:05.829 +0200
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.14.6 (18G103)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: AD777A27-005E-8FBA-1C28-2DF43FFDDD9E

Sleep/Wake UUID: 6C17DC2B-A505-4533-BF01-FA38A41BB88E

Time Awake Since Boot: 7500 seconds
Time Since Wake: 1800 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 53

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process: exc handler [2839]

Mojave 10.14.6

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2019 4
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working fine for me with exactly the same specs as you.

Try restoring your InDesign preferences:

You can delete the replaceable InDesign SaveData and InDesign Defaults files by holding down the following keys while InDesign is launching:

• Windows: Shift+Ctrl+Alt
  • Mac OS: Shift+Control+Option+Command

You need to hold down the keys quickly. If you're successful, you should see a confirmaton.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, 

Thanks for the response – I did try that (and again now when you mentioned it), but still no luck. 

If I try opening a file in InDesign 2020, the document will appear with a dialogue box over it saying "The last time you opened InDesign it expectedly quit while reopening..." and then no matter which option I click (Don't Reopen / Reopen) it crashes immedately after that. 

Thanks! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update

I have attempted to launch the program in Safe Mode but unfortunately it still crashes as before. I have managed to keep the program open for long enough to disable the "Show home screen when no documents are open" in preferences (as suggested on another user's thread) yet it still crashes after a few seconds after the preferences box is closed. 

I am not sure what else I can do? I have not received any feedback from Adobe after sending mulitple crash reports. 

*edit* I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the program a few times to no avail. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seemed to be an issue with the fonts installed in my Library folder. After contacting Adobe Support, we copied all the fonts from the Library/Fonts folder onto the the desktop and deleteed them from the Fonts folder. InDesign now launches correctly, and I am adding fonts back to the folder one by one. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if this will help anyone else, but I have had the same issue. Indesign 2020 crashing at launch. I read this post and then used Font Book on the Mac to disable all user fonts. This seemed to work as Indesign launched without any crash. I then turned on my user fonts in batches found that the font Comfortaa (a Google font) was causing my crash. Just thought I would mention it in case it helps someone else.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2019 2
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same issue on iMac and MacBook Pro / Catalina

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2019 3
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need a better solution from Adobe than this...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2019 4
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't agree with you more! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue.... nothing else worked. i tried to copy all the fonts at once back in – carshed. Now i do it one by one, too.

*edit: i copied all the fonts back... First: All with the first Letter "A", then check if it works. Letter "B"... and so on.. this worked for me

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it also crashed for me when I tried to dump them back in all at once. I have subsequently started using FontBase to manage my fonts, so they are all stored in the FontBase root folder, and then I activate and deactivate them as I need them – so far so good (and it's free). 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2019 2
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I have the same issue. I really need Indesign for a project I'm working on but InDesign 2020 keeps crashing and the previous version, that I re-installed now is having issues too. Any suggestions on what can be done?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try removing (sending to trash and then emptying the trash) all your fonts from you Font Folder – Library/Fonts (NB: copy them onto a back up folder on your desktop / or an external harddrive before you trash them). That worked for me atleast. Then try adding the fonts back to the Font folder in batches (start with the ones that you are using for your project in the mean time)  – if any adding any of the fonts back into the Font folder causes inDesign to crash then you'll figure out which font files are causing the issue.   

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Matthew, will do

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, it was definitely a font issue for me. I went into Font Book, selected all my fonts, right-clicked and chose Validate Fonts. I had some serious issues with some my fonts, so I went throught the list, checked the ones that were problematic and then chose Delete. I then tried opening INDD 2020 and presto, all good.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam - This definitely worked for me. I was deep in the "terminal" and everywhere else trying to fix the spinning pinwheel problem. Thanks so very much for posting your solution - so simple!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot! You save my life.
Works fine!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

I gave this a go. Unfortunately it didn't work. Any other ideas?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 21, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

So sorry to hear that you are facing issues with InDesign. Font issue was reported in one of our earlier releases and was fixed in November itself. There could be multiple reasons why an application would crash. I would request if you could create a new thread along with the following details:

• Exact version of InDesign and operating system.
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.
  • Does it gives any crash report? If yes, share it by following the steps shared here (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html ).
  • If you are on Windows machine, check for error related to InDesign in Event viewer.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We have a fix available for this issue.  Please try the steps shared in this help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/font-manager-crash.html and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srishti 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2019 2
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't it make more sense for this FIX to be posted at the begining of this thread? I think that would be more helpful. Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you it worked for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti

I tried this and it didn't work.

I need to find a solution to why Indesign 2020 keeps crashing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rachel,

Sorry to hear about this issue. I would request if you can share a few more details like:

• Operating system you are working on.
  • Submit crash report with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html
  • If you are on Windows system, please share event viewer logs as well. Press Windows+R to open the Run dialog, enter eventvwr (or eventvwr.msc) and hit OK. On Event Viewer window click Windows Logs > Application > Error.
    event viewer.png

We’re here to help, just need more info.   

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone, for what it's worth, I am having the same issues with a simple "copy" command. Turned off fonts, blah, blah. Kept crashing. I reinstalled the last version 14. and it works just fine. Not sure what the problem is but Adobe should get this fixed if we are all having so many problems. Have a great day.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 09, 2020 1
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

I get this error altghough I followed the instruction carefuly (Extracted the file)Untitled.png

and I have the latest update of InDesign installed V 15.0.2

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could you please send me a link for it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry to hear about this issue. Looks like program folder for application has some issues. We might have to reinstall the application. Before we start troubleshooting, I would request that if you can share a few more details like:

• Operating system you are working on.
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently. 
  • Do you get message when you launch InDesign or some other action?
  • Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud and share the download link. 
  • Where the files are saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)? 

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issues.  Installed 15.0.2 on Win10, 64bit.  Crashes soon after loading or loads files and freezes trying to do font changes or pretty much anything. Happens with various docs. 

Tried the fix above and get the 15.0 error mesg noted above.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fix for this issue is now available in the latest update of InDesign 2020 – that is, InDesign 15.0.1

In the Creative Cloud Desktop application, click on the Updates section on the left. You should be able to see the Update available for InDesign. Please update your InDesign application to this version and let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea... I've uninstalled, reinstalled, logged out, logged back in, validated fonts, deleted all fonts in my library folder, and on and on... now it *opens* but locks up and gives me a spinning beach ball for eternity whenever I try to do anything. What is going on here? *Edit: if I wait a good 2 minutes it seems like I can use the app, but I'm going to be honest... thats kind of a nuisance. 

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 7.25.58 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue.
I contacted Adobe via instant chat and they fixed the issue for me.

Rachel-Elizabeth Harris
Graphic Designer
😧 0121 333 1903
T: 0121 333 1900
rachel@westleyrichards.co.uk
Westley Richards & Co. Ltd

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 05, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

So sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with InDesign. I am hopeful that the issue is resolved by now. If not, I would request if you can try following these steps and let us know how it goes. 

• Try booting the system into Safe Mode (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/start-safe-boot-mode-mac.html) and check how it works there. It starts your system so that it performs certain checks and prevents third party software/ services from automatically loading or opening. If it works fine in Safe mode, then there is some third party service or application like antivirus, plugins or web extensions which is conflicting with the InDesign.

• If that doesn't help either, login to root account (https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204012). Check how application works there. If it works fine there, then it could be related to permission errors. Follow these steps to repair permission errors:
    Go to Terminal (Go > Utilities > Terminal.app)
    Execute the following command on terminal to provide permission:
    • sudo chmod -R 777 /Users/<user>/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign
    • sudo chmod -R 777 /Users/<user>/Library/Caches/Adobe InDesign
    • sudo chmod -R 777 /Users/<user>/Library/Application Support

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work for me. I get the following message when I try to open the zip file: "Error identifying temporary folder. Try moving the archive to another volume". What should I do? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 03, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

So sorry to hear about these issues. If you have already tried the steps I shared above, I would suggest if you can reach us via chat support for a live troubleshooting session. Please head here (https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html) and select the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. We can help troubleshoot faster that way.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've found an easier fix everyone!  Let me know if this works for you like it did for me.  
Unfortunately I do not have the steps for Windows as I work on Mac, but I would assume the steps are similar.  

The issue does seem to in fact be font based and is in relation to corrupt fonts/files.

Steps for Fix on MAC:

• Open Finder
  • Open Applications
  • Find your default Font library program.  On most MAC this is Font Book
  • Open Font Book
  • In the column on the left, make sure you are under the "ALL FONTS" tab
  • Select all fonts under that tab or use Command + A as a shortcut
  • Next, right click all of the highlight fonts and select "Validate Fonts"
  • You may also access this feature by selecting "File" and scrolling down to "Validate Fonts"
  • Upon selecting "Validate Fonts", the Font Validation will begin and run itself.  You will be able to see progress at the bottom of the pop-up window with 3 different validations as follows:
    • Green check mark: Font file passed.  These files should be safe to use.
    • Yellow caution sign: Minor problem found.  Proceed with caution.
    • Red X: Major problem found.  Remove font.
  • I removed all of my "Major Problems" that were found to be corrupt and voilà.  No more progam crashing.  
  • I did not find it necessary to remove any of the "Minor Problem" fonts.

This approach seems like a more stream-lined way to find the font errors that are crashing the program as opposed to the other methods I've seen by removing and adding the fonts back into the system 1 by 1.  

Please feel free to share feeback and let me know if this works for you as well!

Cheers everyone!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2013 iMac 16 GB with macOS Mojave 10.14.6.

I install InDesign 2020 and when I try to open the program it loads for a bit and then shuts down, every single time. Already tried to reinstall several times, restart the mac and nothing.

The error:

Captura de ecrã 2019-11-06, às 10.06.40.png

Can you help?

{Renamed by MOD}

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same crash/shut down. Only with InDesign (other programs work properly) in Windows 10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. I just updated to InDesign2020 and haven't been able to open the program since. I am running on MacBook Pro with Catalina 10.15.1. I use Creative Suite everyday and have never had this problem. I tried restarting, logging out, opening from a file vs opening the software first, reinstalling, etc. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this issue. I would request if you can share a few more details like:

Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.  

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

same problem with the same macos config.

and i try to resolve it online with a french adobe adviser, who tell me to create a new macos user account and install this new version of indesign, and like that it work…, but he did'nt help me at all to make it work on my regular account, and tell me to deal with apple ! So i try to solve the problem with an apple adviser, during a long time we try but nothing work for now.

Regards,

Nico

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Srishti,

To confirm, you are saying that resetting Illustrator preferences will fix the InDesign launch?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Srishti,

(indesign, not illustrator)

i just say that when i install this new indesign version on a new os user account it work, so it's like having no preferences 'cause it's a new "empty" account.

but how to make it work on my regular account with keeping my preferences ?

thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for highlighting that. It was a typo error. I have corrected that. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not going to delete any thing, reset preferences, change users or any other nonsense. I am not going to contact Apple Support about this, since Adobe updated this software to 2020 and, quite simply, broke it. Please have the tech team issue a fix and make it available. Until then, my studio is unable to produce work and we will seek a prorated refund.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

Sorry about the delay in response. A similar issue was reported by a few other users as well and after collecting all the information and crash reports, we found that InDesign was crashing due to the fonts. We have a fix available for this issue Please try the steps shared in this help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/font-manager-crash.html and let us know how it goes.

Thanks! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

it perfectly works now ! thank you so much !

have a good day

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad there is a fix, but could you please tell me how to backtrack on what tech support had me do? Before your answer was posted, they had me remove all my fonts from FontBook. Now I painfully have to rebuild my collections as I open different documents. Can I just drag the folder of fonts back into FontBook? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2019 0
New Here ,