Highlighted

InDesign CC 2020 Links

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A curious thing when using Adobe Bridge 2020 and InDesign 2020 together. Using the "Place" feature in Bridge to send an image to InDesign works OK to a point. Placing, no problem. However, if I go back to Bridge and label the image "Approved" marking it as used in the layout, in InDesign the link is now broken. Of course, that is easily fixed, but it seems that marking a file in Bridge in some way should not break the link in InDesign.

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign CC 2020 Links

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A curious thing when using Adobe Bridge 2020 and InDesign 2020 together. Using the "Place" feature in Bridge to send an image to InDesign works OK to a point. Placing, no problem. However, if I go back to Bridge and label the image "Approved" marking it as used in the layout, in InDesign the link is now broken. Of course, that is easily fixed, but it seems that marking a file in Bridge in some way should not break the link in InDesign.

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WKMPellucid,

thank you for reporting this!

Could you show some screenshots to show the issue?

I'd like to test something, but I'm not sure about the exact steps.

Did you do the updates to Bridge 2020 and InDesign 2020 from yesterday or today?

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uwe,

Yes, did the updates. This has been a feature of using Bridge and InDesign for as long as I can remember.
I just finally got around to posting today. There really isn’t any thing to show. Like I said while in Bridge and image is selected, then the “Place” in InDesign is selected.
Then InDesign app becomes active and the image is dropped into the layout. No problems. Going back to Bridge the image is then marked by selecting from the Label menu items as “Approved”.
If I go back to the InDesign layout the warning icon signaling the link is broken appears. As I said in my posting that is easily fixes by clicking on that warning icon.

It just seems to me that adding a Label in Bridge should not break the link in the InDesign document.

Pretty simple, that is all there is to it. A screen grab offers nothing more.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Catalina - 10.15.5

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it the missing link icon (the one with the question mark in the red circle) or the modified link icon (the one with an exclamation mark in a yellow triangle)?In my case it is the modified link icon and I think it's normal: the image has been modified by adding a metadata.

Since it is a long time I did not use Bridge, I cannot tell for sure that it has been the same behaviour with previous versions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am hoping that your issue has been resolved till now. If not, please feel free to update this thread else let us know if any of the suggestions shared above helped you or not.

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines