Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign CC 2020 Paragraph Direction Setting

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to set a paragraph that contains both Arabic and Roman (English) characters. When I insert the English characters into the Arabic paragraph, the order of the wording is shifted out of order.

I am using the World Ready Paragraph Composer, but I cannot find the Paragraph Direction setting as described on the Adobe Support page for this subject.

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/arabic-hebrew.html#

I have also tried setting my default download language in Creative Cloud to English/Arabic and reinstalling inDesign - the setting is still missing.

Any help is appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Hi Chris. In a recent topic on the forums, I answered a similar question and have posted an illustrated steps and a video of what you need to do in order to utilize Right-to-Left features.

Check the link and post your findings here so I can help you further if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Chris. In a recent topic on the forums, I answered a similar question and have posted an illustrated steps and a video of what you need to do in order to utilize Right-to-Left features.

Check the link and post your findings here so I can help you further if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines