Highlighted

indesign CC 2020 very slow

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of nowhere, my indesign starts to show it's spinning wheel after almost every task I do:

adjusting the margins, typing someting or moving something etc

Searched the whole web, tested so many things but still nothing works,

I have no plugins installed and I have the latest 2020 version..

plz help me!

kind regards,

Denise

Hi Denise,

My InDesign CC 2020 started running slow recently too. Thanks to Mike's advice I reset my preferences and InDesign is running fast again 🙂

The snippit from the article that solved the problem:

Re-create Damaged Preference Files

1. Quit InDesign, then relaunch the application and immediately hold down the following key combinations for your OS:

• Mac OS X: CTL+OPT+CMD+Shift
  • Windows: CTL+ALT+Shift

2.  A dialog appears, asking “Delete InDesign Preference Files?” Click Yes.

The preference files will be re-created, and InDesign will relaunch with the default settings.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

indesign CC 2020 very slow

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of nowhere, my indesign starts to show it's spinning wheel after almost every task I do:

adjusting the margins, typing someting or moving something etc

Searched the whole web, tested so many things but still nothing works,

I have no plugins installed and I have the latest 2020 version..

plz help me!

kind regards,

Denise

Hi Denise,

My InDesign CC 2020 started running slow recently too. Thanks to Mike's advice I reset my preferences and InDesign is running fast again 🙂

1. Quit InDesign, then relaunch the application and immediately hold down the following key combinations for your OS:

The preference files will be re-created, and InDesign will relaunch with the default settings.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Denise,

Basic initial troubleshooting often involves resetting preferences and restarting InDesign after that. Have you experimented with this?

Mike Witherell

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 1
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Denise,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Denise,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of the OS & InDesign? Is it slow while working on a specific document or performing a specific task?

You may also try to start InDesign  in Selective Startup mode (Windows) or Safe Boot mode (macOS) and see how app is performing there.

Let us know if it helps. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 0