• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC 2021 "Create New Document" Does Not Work With Saved Document Sizes

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated to InDesign CC 2021(running Mac OS Big Sur) and ever since I've made this update to CC 2021, the "Create New Document" feature does not work. I have several sizes pre-saved, and I can get the "New Document" window open. I try to click on one of my pre-saved sizes and click the "Create" button to create the new document, and nothing happens. It does open non-saved documenent sizes, but none of my saved sizes work at all. Any assistance getting this bug fixed would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

If you reinstall InDesign your custom document presets are gone.

But: You can save all document presets to one single *.dcst file and load that file after you reinstalled InDesign.

Very important: Select ALL your custom document settings before you do Save.

Only the selected ones are stored into a saved *.dcst file.

Saving and loading the *.dcst file must be done with:

File > Document Presets >

( Don't forget to select all stored presets if you want to save them to one file. )

Regards,
Uw

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 512 Media,

could be a corruption of your InDesign preferences. But before we try to "fix" that*, let's see if you are able to access your saved document settings if you are using the legacy New Document dialog. You can switch to that if you enable the feature in your InDesign preferences:

General >

[x] Use Legacy "New Document" Dialog

* Trashing preferences would mean to trash your document custom settings.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe Laubender,

I did not originally have the Legacy "New Document" box checked, but I checked it and tried to open a new document using one of my saved sizes on the drop down menu, and it opened. 

Upon unchcking the same box again (to see if this might have fixed my issue), and trying to open another pre-saved size, it did not open and the original problem occured again. I did notice a very quick flash of something on the screen, like it was trying to open the document but couldn't and failed for some reason. 

Would deleting the app all together and trying to reinstall fix the issue without deleting all of my saved preset sizes? Any other ideas? Thanks so much for your help so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you reinstall InDesign your custom document presets are gone.

But: You can save all document presets to one single *.dcst file and load that file after you reinstalled InDesign.

Very important: Select ALL your custom document settings before you do Save.

Only the selected ones are stored into a saved *.dcst file.

Saving and loading the *.dcst file must be done with:

File > Document Presets >

( Don't forget to select all stored presets if you want to save them to one file. )

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines